Sunday, January 30, 2011

CCC#29 Weathered Wood Grunge/Take a Word: Vintage Challenge

Okay, so I didn't go with the weathered wood look here, but I did use the technique!  This is for the CCC#29 over at StudioL3 blog hosted by the wonderful Linda Ledbetter! And also for Take a Word Challenge Blog: Vintage  Started it last night and finished it up this a.m.  I really had no idea what I was going to do other than use the grunged techniqued keyhole as the main accent.  It is amazing what you can come up with when you start looking through your stash.  Didn't even know I had this picture of a lady on text paper---found in a stack of vintage papers by friend Sheryl had shared with me.  Worked perfect in the keyhole.  Got to use my new washers from Tim Holtz Idea-ology line.  Added the key from Lost and Found.  And, of course, that is more tissue tape from Tim Holtz as well.  Used sage acrylic paint and Tea Dye Distress ink for the technique.  Then used Shabby Shutters Distress Ink for the rest of the card.

16 comments:

June Houck said...

Oh, D! I love the backgrounds...both the white script and weathered diamonds. The key hole is great with the lady rom Sheryl :)

Linda S. said...

Hi there,
I really like the techniques you used on your entry for the CCC challenge this week. I agree, it is AMAZING what we can find in our stashes!! Sometimes, I even like what I find! lol

Marjie Kemper said...

This is beautiful! Did you use two different embossing folders? The one on the main card seems to have raised areas only in certain places... I might *need* one of those.

Linda Ledbetter said...

You did a spectacular job with the technique, Deanna! I love the keyhole with the mysterious lady inside, and the background and cool, ruffled tissue tape are lovely. The soft vintage colors are gorgeous, too!

Kathy Eddy said...

Love how this came out Deanna. The keyhole was so clever and background beautiful!

Peggi Meyer Graminski said...

I absolutely love all the different textures of the papers you used - it all came together beautifully! A lovely vintage collage!

indybev said...

Who doesn't like to peep through keyholes! Thanks for describing your journey of creation. This is a great addition to this week's challenge!

Katie said...

very cool. love the keyhole!

Pat said...

a very lovely card. THe background is superband the keyhole...
A great piece of art
Pat

Rosemary said...

This is very cool - I love the image you found that worked so well with the keyhole (it's perfect). The color is very vintage feeling and the elements are perfect! What's not to like?

Deann said...

Great wood grunge collage...love the keyhole frame Deanna...awesome job!!

Taluula said...

This is absolutely beautiful. Thank you so much for a peep through the keyhole.

Glenys said...

Fabulously unique! Well done.

Eila A said...

You really have used clever techniques and interesting materials for this beautiful piece! Lovely colours and great composition, too.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's fabulous.

Ozstuff said...

A beautifully designed collage which is elegant and eye-catching. I love it!

Love your artwork and your blog.