My friend Sheryl had seen a birthday card I made for a blog challenge last month and requested she get it as her birthday card. So, I decorated the inside special for her but I couldn't not make her something special just for her for her birthday. I ended up making her this giggle tag using some of the items we purchased together at the Great American Scrapbooking Convention that we attended together last weekend.
I haven't had any projects to blog lately. I was beginning to think I had lost my mojo altogether when my Design Diva friend, June called (actually an enabler call to inform me that Joann's now carries Coredination papers---but I digress). While we were chatting on the phone I was working on this tag and by the time the phone call was finished I had completed this tag. I teased her that the inspiration came thru the phone lines----she IS one of the new DT members for the one and only Cuttlebug Challenge Blog :)
So here is what I used and what I did:
- Tim Holtz's Ideology mini masks: florets
- Distress ink pads: Worn Lipstick and Vintage Photo
- white Perfect Pearls by Ranger
- mini mister by Ranger
- tag from Tim Holtz's booth at the convention
- Cuttlebug embossing folder: Script
- misc fibers
- postage stamp stamp by Stampers Anonymous by Tim Holtz
- Adage Tickets by Tim Holtz: giggle
- metal photo corner by Memory Boutique
- image was cut out of vintage image paper (unknown)
I used the floret masks with distress inks and sponge to create flower and flourish on tag; ran it thru the Cuttlebug w/embossing folder and inked over w/Vintage photo ink; inked edges of adage ticket and vintage sqaure and attached; attached metal photo corner; stamped postage stamp image on top left; inked mesh ribbon in the Worn Lipstick inkpad; adhered both ribbons to tag; sprayed entire tag with mister filled w/water mixed with white Pearl Ex for shimmery effect. Can you tell that Tim Holtz's booth was my fav at the convention?!?!!