Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Cuttlebug Challenge Be Inspired #41



Here is my entry for Cuttlebug Challenge's Be Inspired #41 Challenge---to alter something. Here I have altered a glossy front journal and made it into a scrapbook that looks like a purse for my daughter to fill up with her many treasures and memories :)
Since the original journal was glossy I used alcohol inks w/blending solution to create that deep purple watery effect. I used glossy white and gold papers. I embossed the gold paper w/Sizzix embossing folder (from a birthday set but it looks like eyelet to me) and edged both the gold and white papers with the Martha Stewart Doily Lace Edge punch. I used the Paper Shapers corner punch on the embossed gold paper to add to bottom corners. I took the Memory Boutique shaped chipboard and used gold mixative alcohol ink on it to make it gold. I then heated up some gold embossing powder (3 layers) and stamped my daughter's initial "D" into it before it cooled. Added the ribbons and chain to make it look like a purse.
Recipe:
  • Martha Stewart Doily Lace Edge punch
  • gold and white glossy cardstock
  • journal
  • Memory Boutique shaped chipboard
  • alcohol inks, gold mixative and blending solution
  • Paper Shapers corner punch
  • Sizzix embossing folder
  • Cuttlebug machine
  • gold embossing powder/heat gun
  • letter 'D' stamp
  • ribbons and chain

5 comments:

Isabelle Norris said...

and as I'm "this side of the pond", it works for me ;)

Angie Tieman said...

Oooh, what a fabulous and neat gift for your daughter!! She is going to love it!

Thanks for playing along!
Angie Tieman
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com

Cassie said...

very nice deanna! i bet she loves it!!!
thanks for joining in again!!

June Houck said...

I'll bet the lovely Miss Dria proudly displays this in her room. Gorgeous! I am so glad you entered the challenge :)

Deb said...

This is super!! What a great gift. I love the colours and the design of this little purse. I'd love to try the alcohol inks with blending solution, this is really gorgeous!