Thursday, June 18, 2009

Elementary School Grad Card


This is a simple little graduation card I threw together this morning for my friend Sheryl's daughter---Kaitlyn. She is gradutatin from 5th grade----woo-hoo!
What I used:
  • penguin die cut
  • yellow and black cs (black is white core)
  • Cuttlebug mini embossing folders
  • yellow embroidery floss
  • eyelet and Crop-a-dile
  • sanding block
  • pop dots
  • black pen
  • deckle edge cutting blade

Believe it or not, other than the black cs to make the card base, all the supplies were scraps---including the penguin which was leftover from my son's classroom project a couple of years ago. Their mascot is the Penguin and school colors are black and yellow.

I hand made the graduate cap w/tassle. I embossed the You Did It on white core black cs then sanded to reveal the white. The inside has the same thing but with the Congrats embossing folder (not shown). I also sanded the edges of the card to kinda create a frame of white. Pop-dotted the grad cap for dimension.

No comments: