Thursday, December 22, 2011

Horse Hair Bracelets

My newest endeavor:  Horse Hair Bracelets!

My daughter's teacher had to put down her sick horse a few weeks ago.  She thought it would be nice to have a bracelet made from his hair as a memento.  She knew that Dria and I had been making jewelry together so asked  if we could help.  Let me tell you, it was quite challenging.  For one, we were used to working with beads and wire.  Doing some research I had found some tutorials on how to make the bracelets from horse hair.  Only, neither of us could braid a round braid.  That made it difficult as the end caps we had were circular.  Finally, after many less than terrific attempts, I found some end caps with flat rectangular openings---like the shape of the flat braid we were trying to fit into them.  Alas, some success.  Although this is not my finest work I am fairly pleased with the last one I completed (the one with the belt buckle clasp).











2 comments:

Dria said...

Hello Mom,
I just loved the bracelets and Mrs.Haugh did too. I loved all of the different colors of horse hair.
........Dria

Claudine said...

OMG!! I love them, that belt clasp is sooo cool. You did a fantastic job on them :)